Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pizza-Flatbread Merger

I have been making pizza-inspired flatbreads for about a year or so.

Making the flatbread is quick and easy, taking about 45 minutes to make. And using Fleischmann's pizza crust yeast means you don't have to deal with rising time. That's a wonderful plus. 


You literally need only mix your flour, water, sugar, salt and olive oil and set it to a ball, then roll it out with a pin and place in an slightly oiled baking pan.


  I generally add a bit of dried basil and oregano to the mix. Really, nothing to it at all. 

I generally add goat cheese, shredded mozzarella and marinated tomatoes.

In this case, I had some leftover chicken breast, which I had backed. I decided to mix in a little bit of BBQ sauce, tossing the chicken, then placing it on the flatbread.

Success! This lovely culinary fusion -- and an ample serving -- was perfect for a quick, easy dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog