Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Garlic, Lemon-Kissed Lamb Chops with a Delicate Kale Salad and Parsley Potatoes

I wanted a lovely, light but filling dinner this Sunday afternoon. And choosing menu items, I opted for lamb, kale and potatoes for the main ingredients.

I massaged the lamb with kosher sauce and set it aside while I prepared the marinade. 

For the marinade, I put the lamb chomps in a Ziplock bag with a few tablespoons of light brown sugar, two ample tablespoons of crush garlic, a splash of Worcestershire sauce and lemon. I rarely measure -- actually, I generally only measure when I bake.

I put the bag in the fridge for about six hours or so.

I also opted to make a kale salad and mashed potatoes. 

The monsoon was on a big way -- a massive thunder and lightning storm moved in around dinner time, which set a lovely mood. I threw open the doors and prepared to cook the meal.

Considering the monsoon, I hoped to cook the lamb indoors using a cast iron skillet instead of the outdoor grill.

It went over quite well. I seared the lamb chops, front and back, for a few minutes in the skillet before setting it, broad side down, in the oven on 400 for about 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, I prepared the potatoes and the kale salad.

Goodness, I love kale! This salad called for a spritz of lemon juice and Parmesan cheese with a small bit of olive oil. The trick with kale salads, when serving raw, is to massage the salad. That is key! This helps to evenly distribute the add-ons, and helps to soften the leaves a bit.

I also decided to use the rest of the marinade to make a gravy of sorts.


This requires a few minutes of boiling to ensure you don't wake up in the middle of the night with a bout of food poisoning.

After the boiling the marinade for about three minutes, I added just a bit of butter, some flour, some rice wine vinegar and Chardonnay with a bit of water and brought this to a boil. The yield was a lovely, semi-thick gravy that had both a bitter and sweet flavor to it -- sweet and sour.


At this point, the potatoes and the lamb were ready for plating. 

Gorgeous presentation and a lovely marriage of textures and flavors. Be sure to bookmark this one for Valentine's Day. 


And with the "gravy" added: 




No comments:

Post a Comment

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog