Who's That Girl

My Photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Sunday, June 2, 2013

2013 Food Challenge: Green Olives


I love how this dish did not require a trip to the grocery store -- I had everything on hand at home. Thrilling when that happens.

For this week's challenge item, I went with pimento-stuffed olives. I love pimentos -- those yummy little peppers. It was very difficult to think up something new. I really wanted to make a tapenade but wound up making a pasta dish instead. I believed that the sharp taste of the olives would meld well with the mildly flavored pasta. I also added a tad bit of butter peas, carrots, spinach, Parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper, believing would balance the dish nicely.

It turned out to be a strange marriage. In retrospect, I could have used far, far fewer olives -- they were so very strong in flavor -- and more spinach. The amount of peas and carrots along with the cheese was perfect.

The dish is quite simple. Almost too simple. I am not sure where to go with it or how yet to improve it. It will require much more time and attention to detail to perfect it.


2 comments:

  1. If you have access to Whole Foods, buy some of their castelvetrano olives (available at the olive bar). They will change your life. The jarred variety you used are dreck by comparison.

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Loading...