Who's That Girl

My Photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Friday, May 17, 2013

2013 Food Challenge: Something Sweet

How can I turn something sweet into something savory?

With this week's challenge item being a sweetener of some kind, the possibilities seemed so very, very broad.

I wanted to make a mango-flavored chicken, relying on the sweet fruit to brighten the meat. 

I also wanted to make honey dipped ricotta puffs using puff pastry but, alas, I will have to save that for another day.

For this week's challenge, I opted to make honey and brown sugar-baked bacon biscuits with cheddar cheese, onions and parsley.

I can't even remember why I wanted to make these.

I lined a baking sheet with foil, sprinkled the bacon with brown sugar and honey, then baked them for about 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, I prepared the dough, adding some garlic salt and onions that I had cooked with parsley. That turned out to be an excellent addition and was so nice a fragrant.

At the last minute, I decided to add the shredded cheddar cheese.

 The only thing -- the biscuits did not turn out as nearly as fluffy as I would have liked. I should have added an egg to the batter, for sure! But the flavor was pretty nice. As they baked, I did add a dollop and butter splash on top, which left the biscuits with a lovely golden glow and a gentle sweet flavor at the end. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello, There's no doubt that your site might be having browser compatibility problems. When I look at your site in Safari, it looks fine however when opening in I.E., it's got
    some overlapping issues. I just wanted to provide you with a quick heads
    up! Apart from that, excellent blog!

    My site womens vestal watches

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound like heaven on the palate! I was missing bacon before -- This.Hasn't,Helped. Lol I think I shall stop while I'm ahead about reading about foods I'm wanting to try but can't. -/ Nice blog though. -)

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Loading...