Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Monday, April 22, 2013

Product Review: Dell'Alpe Hot Giardiniera

Why have I never heard of this?

It was during a trip to Cleveland that I learned of giardiniera. Staying at a bed and breakfast, the owner made delicious toasts for breakfast that were topped with Swiss cheese and this mixture of what appeared to be red peppers and jalapenos.


I loved the spicy, slightly sweet flavor of whatever it was. Then, I forgot about it.

One day back home while browsing the condiments (something I am prone to do), I saw this jar: Dell'Alpe Hot Giardiniera.

My heart leapt into my throat.

It looked just like what was served at the Cleveland bread and breakfast. I looked at the ingredient list and description. Yes! It had to be. I placed a jar in my cart and was home-bound soon thereafter.

Once home, I toasted a slice of bread, pulled some cheese and butter out of the fridge and opened the jar.

That tale-tale smell was there. The ingredients looked the same. The appearance of being pickled also presented itself.

Could it be...

Out with a spoon from the drawer and into the jar it went. With the first taste, I was sold. This was it! I now had a name for my new obsession: Dell'Alpe Hot Giardiniera.

I am not certain that the owner used Dell'Alpe Hot Giardiniera, but what he put on the toast most certainly was giardiniera. What luck! What total and complete luck! I love the brand. The vegetables are perfectly pickled and not too salty; not too sweet. The scent is consuming. That's one of my favorite parts.

I will have to experiment with other giardiniera brands but, for now, I can at least say that I endorse Dell'Alpe Hot Giardiniera 100 percent.


No comments:

Post a Comment

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog