Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Nitty Gritty Eating, and Memories

Sometimes it has to be as simple and a wholesome as this -- a dinner that reminds me of my childhood because:

1. I am missing home

2. I am exhausted

3. I need to remember what it feels like, given the distance between me and my family, of what it felt like to be so much more innocent and nearly completely whole

It fascinates me that food can create these emotional (read: chemical) effects within us; that food can illicit memories of happiness, joy, connection and the sense of being hole -- being part of a close family unit.

And it is ever-more lovely that the thought of loved ones can also illicit such a lovely and nuturing feeling, even when hundreds and hundreds and hundreds -- sometimes thousands -- of miles apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog