Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Product Review: Herdez Salsa

What has happened to me?

I once loved the Herdez Salsa Casera with such ardent affection. I always went with the hot version, having grown quite fond of the spicy flavor. I loved that the salsa had specks of onion, tomato, jalapeno and jalapeno seeds inside.


But, alas, over the years I have grown less and less fond of this particular brand of salsa.

The heat is less potent to me, even though its container indicates that it is a hot salsa. The flavor is not as full, even though it is heating with a hearty mesh of vegetables. And the flavor tastes more like vingear than the spicy sweet that I remember.

But I still buy it, thinking it must be me; must be a failing palate...that one day the once-vibrant flavor will return.

3 comments:

  1. Fortunately for me Herdez is not, to my knowledge, available here. But then there are other things in life that matter more. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was supposed to say "Unfortunately," but you probably knew that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep trying. They are not consistent. I like the mild, but sometimes I get a bottle of mild that is too hot for me. Sometimes the tomatoes taste fresh, sometimes they don't. But so far, I still like it more than any other store bought salsa.

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog