Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Lentils with Bacon



How can it be true what they say, that bacon makes everything taste better.

I am not even a huge fan of bacon. Sure, I'll have it for breakfast or if I am at a cocktail party and someone decided to get creative and dirty with the croquettes.

So, I tossed these in last minute with the lentils and it worked out well.

I cooked lentils with no fabulousness involved: boiled in a broth with onion, roasted tomatoes, garlic and the bacon then, later, garnished with cilantro.

Somehow, the bacon deepened the flavor. Because the bacon was cooked in the broth it did not have the tried and true bacon flavor, just a wonderful and wondrous smokiness that led me to melt in the moment.

1 comment:

  1. If I never hear, "Bacon makes everything better," and "Who doesn't like chocolate" again on Food TV, it will be too soon. Still, I do like bacon, especially in my martini LOL.

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog