Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Funny-Looking Doughless Quiche

I love my rice, bread, noodles and heavy cheeses, but I sometimes find that I am in no mood for heavy carbs.

I have made a doughless quiche before. The dish is so simple to make. Pick out your ingredients. Mix them. Bake them. Enjoy. 


This post is mostly about the technique and presentation.

I recall seeing the bundt pan sitting toward the back of the cabinet, all by itself. I rarely use it. So I opted to use it to make this quiche.

In a bowl, I added six eggs along with sauteed onions and mushrooms and cooked bacon. I also added salt, pepper and fresh parsley. I then buttered the pan liberally and added the mix, cooking it on a head of about 350 until it was set.


Not bad -- but I did overcook it a little too long having not considered the heat conducting power of the pan. I cooked it for about 35 minutes -- could have gone with five minutes less, or more. It is funny looking -- yes -- but tasty.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the idea of this and would really like to have the particulars of what you did. At scrout1944@msn.com if you please.

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog