Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Monday, January 21, 2013

Cranberries with Roasted Chicken

Never knew I loved cranberries until Thanksgiving came around.


Seriously -- who eats cranberries? ...funny-looking little fruit.

But look at me now! Huge fan of these sweet/tart little ruby bits of heaven.

And you know me. I have to take something generally presented as a sweet and turn it into a savory dish. Here I present roasted chicken with cranberries served with a side of bean sprouts stir fried with mushrooms, green onion and garlic. 

For the cranberries, I boiled them in brown sugar until the little ones began to burst at the seams. Some of them turned to mush quite quickly, but this was no bother. It gave me a sort of cranberry sauce. I wish I'd added something like cumin or a bit of cayenne to the cranberries to give them a hint of something new.


It's not your holiday leftovers, but it's not bad either!

1 comment:

  1. Folks (like me) are going to want to know what you did to prepare the crans. You have to have added a sweetener, right?

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog