Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Friday, January 25, 2013

2013 Food Challenge: Girl Scout Cookies

Girl Scout cookies?

Girl Scout cookies.

Yup. You read it right.


What are you supposed to do with Girl Scout cookies?

Well...that's the point of the challenge, right? 

I tried to think up a recipe that would turn Girl Scout cookies from sweet to savory. I thought about stuffing them in chicken and pork with cheeses and vegetables. I thought about browning them in a skillet and serving them atop grilled mushrooms. I thought about using them like one would use Panko, the lovely Japanese breadcrumbs.

I even played with the idea of going sweet. I though about making peanut butter ball pops sprinkled with a dusting of smashed cookies. With little bows on the sticks. Awww...

But then it hit me: I don't like Girl Scout cookies.

Folks, I don't like sweets of any kind most of the time. No, the vast majority of time. And one taste of these Trefoil cookies and it was even more readily confirmed.

And so, as an afterthought, I made these ricotta-topped crostinis with honey and Girl Scout cookies. Interestingly, the Trefoil cookies have such a lovely, warm, buttery smell! I was so impressed with the scent. But they were too-too sweet. And so it didn't help having crostinis with honey included. I also added crystallized ginger to one to experiment further. Yeah, no -- still not a fan.

Ah well. I can add this to the Oops category. Onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog