Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Product Review: My Nana's Uncooked Flour Tortillas


I cannot say that I was excited about using uncooked flour tortillas. I had never purchased uncooked flour tortilla before. I figured that if the company making them may have a better idea about producing perfect tortillas than I -- a person who has not yet invested the time to figure out how to make them myself.

Though, yes, I know that the process is quiet easy. I'll have to get on that.

But, for now, I wanted to experiment with these. I find that I enjoy My Nana's tortilla strips and chips, so why not her flour tortillas. 

Foremost, I love the versatility. You want lightly warmed tortillas? You want tortillas cooked to a nearly burnt crisp? You've got it! They taste light and fresh, but not as flavorful as I would have expected.

Of course, that may well be because I refused to cook these in lard or butter. I just warmed them. I suppose I shouldn't complain about the flavor then. The only problem I had was that you must be very careful not to brown them too much if you intend to roll them. This was strange to me. A nice even browning, and the tortillas still cracked and broke when rolled into a burrito.

But I can't say that I will be buying these again, preferring that my tortillas come cooked already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog