Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Product Review: Shamrock's Cottage Cheese


What an imagination.

I remember that, as a child, I seriously though cottage cheese was the fungal festering grounds for mushrooms. Yep. I thought that the mushrooms of the world could not grow lest the "mushroom seeds" were nestled in a teeming vat of this bumpy cheese.

Where on earth did I get that idea?!

As an adult, I know better -- and I've even come to love cottage cheese with the Arizona original Shamrock Farms being one of my favorites. My others are the Trader Joe's brand and Knudsen Family. I should do a taste test one day!

Anyway, I love the consistency and flavor of Sharmrock Farms' cottage cheese. It's not too-too creamy and it's not overly heavy, though it can be a filling snack. In fact, don't be surprised if you find me standing in the kitchen at midnight, spoon in hand, reaching for the container.

Shamrock's curd is somewhat large and the flavor is just slightly sweet with the hint of an enjoyable tinge -- another reason why I love it. I tend to eat my cottage cheese straight up. OK -- it's not like it evokes flavors like butter or honey, but it is pretty good.

...hum...now I am wondering what it would taste like with butter or honey.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think we have Shamrock here in DC. In spite of the fact that I like cottage cheese I don't buy it very often. I have no explanation for that. Always a fan of large curd. If I am at a buffet restaurant I always spoon up some C-cheese.

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog