Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Doughless Pepperroni Pizza

It has been one month -- only one month -- since I have decisively become more aware of my consumption of carbs. In that time, I have worked to incorporate more protein into my diet, along with more fruits and vegetables

It's going very well.

But I was craving pizza. How can you make a pizza without dough?

Turns out that not only is it possible to make a no dough or "crustless" pizza, but you can do so in a way that it is so, so good!

I had heard you could use cauliflower as a "crust." So I set out to the Internet to do a little bit of "research." This is a tried and true method. You can find plenty of recipes online. I was most drawn to "Cauliflower Crust Hawaiian Pizza," largely because of the awesome photos and large fan following.

I did go with some slight alterations.

After preparing the cauliflower, I added it in a bowl of Parmesan cheese, oregano, basil and one egg.

I added the cauliflower in a 9-inch glass dish that had been prepped with butter. With the cauliflower mix in place, I brushed about one teaspoon of olive oil on top. I baked this on 415 for about 15 minutes.

Then, I topped this with pizza cheese, then added a round of pepperoni.

Into the oven for about 15 minutes, and there you have it: A nice, personal pizza for two meals. All told, this took less than 40 minutes to prepare. Now, the cauliflower didn't brown enough, so I might have left it in the oven by itself for more than 20 minutes.

I'll have to play with this recipe a bit. But, in all, brilliant and yum-may!



1 comment:

  1. How interesting! You've got me thinking (a very dangerous thing).

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog