Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Carrot and Red Bell Pepper Mash

Making this carrot and red pepper mash is somewhat time consuming, but it always comes out tasting so, so delicious.

I find that I do not mind. The roasting process is quite wonderful for me.

In the roasting pan goes the vegetables -- all shiny after having received an ample massage with olive oil. This time, I added some rosemary sprigs.

Good idea!

This is just part one of something like a seven-step process. Start to finish, it takes about two hours to make the mash -- a hearty side dish that is a bit too hot and heavy for the summer, but too alluring to wait for fall.

1 comment:

  1. A curious thing: to me all bell peppers (other than green) taste exactly the same. And yet they are more expensive than green. I grew up eating green ones and prefer them (although Peter is of a different mind set - I do nearly all of the cooking, so what goes on the table he has to eat).

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog