Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Product Review: Noritamago Furikake Rice Seasoning


I learned about rice seasoning at a local grocery store that specializes in Asian foods from around the world, including a whole host of other foods outside of the United States.

I was browsing the aisles, as I a prone to, when I came upon a nice selection of the seasonings. I had never heard of such a thing, so I opted to make a purchase to try at home. I went with the Noritamago Furikake rice seasoning, chiefly because it contains piece of shaved seaweed and -- *squeals* -- eggs! Egg yolk to be specific.

I made the purchase about eight months ago, finishing it off tonight. It is customary to use the rice seasoning on leftover rice. Bah! I rarely have leftover rice at home. I typically used it when I while making sushi maki. I found that it served as am amazing boost of flavor and added a subtle crunch.

The Noritamago Furikake Rice Seasoning is quite versatile and delicious. It contains sesame seeds, yolk, bonito and seaweed. FYI: It tastes amazing with panko on rice.

And nerd alert: It has such the ergonomic design. You likely can't tell from the image, but the producer had both our taste buds and our tactile senses in mind. The lid is durable and flexible, but has somewhat of a soft feel to the touch. And the size is just perfect, giving the feel that it was made for the cusp of your hand. Am I being overly emotional?

But, beware -- there is an ample amount of salt, so go light on the salt when cooking dishes that call for rice seasoning. That's the one thing I do not like about the product.

Other than that, I love this blend. In addition to rice, I've tried it on eggs. Yum! Now I have to make a trip to the grocery store to make another purchase.

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of this, but will look for it when I visit my Asian market next time.

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog