Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Monday, June 25, 2012

Blessed Savory Pie


Ah, the joys of cooking a chicken pot pie.

I only seem to cook these when I am feeling lonesome and wanting for home.

Indeed, isn't the chicken pot pie one of the ultimate types of comfort food?

In a sense, it is a plush sofa, personified.

This time, I used chicken leftover for a rosemary-rubbed chicken roast I made. To it, I added an ample sampling of frozen peas and carrots. I also used a chicken soup base, but ended up adding a tad bit too much water. Though the texture of the filling was thin, not hearty as a pot pie should be, the flavor was right on.


1 comment:

  1. I'm on my way to Google Jerry Bob's. Never heard of the restaurants. I do like me some good home-style food though.

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog