Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Ponzo and Horseradish Meet Flounder

I wanted something light and filling. I already had flounder on hand and a load of other things -- leftover potatoes, corn, cucumber, red onions. Seemed like all this could be fashioned into a dinner.

Granted, it doesn't go together -- another culinary mashup.
 
The corn salad was more suitable for summer -- not for the rainy days we've been having.

The potatoes, which I had boiled in garlic salt and sprinkled with parsley, were too heavy for the delicate flounder.

And no matter what I did, the flounder -- marinated in ponzo sauce, horseradish and a few drops of sweet chili sauce and cooked in butter -- was so light I thought it might fly off of my plate.


I enjoyed my dinner, though -- and am happy to clear a few things out of the fridge. In the future, I will look up best approaches to cooking flounder for two reasons: 1. I did not realize how incredibly delicate the fish is! It is very soft with such light flavoring. 2. Even though I did not batter it or deep fry it, it still reminded me of every fishstick I have had in life. No kidding. The underlying flavor is just...it's just their. Weird.



No comments:

Post a Comment

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog