Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Red Lobster Biscuits Knockoff

It was about one year ago that, in speaking with my mother on the phone, she challenged me to making a batch of Red Lobster biscuits.

These are no ordinary biscuits. Red Lobster biscuits are very gently crusty with a nice, soft inner yield. I hadn't had them in a while so I could not recall the exact flavor, other than they are cheesy with a hint of garlic and a tinge of chives, perhaps.

Turns out that a whole host of people have tried to knockoff the recipe. I have tried making three batches thus far and find that the best approach is to start with Bisquick. Yes! This is much better than plain flour. Also, be sure to add the important ingredients: Garlic salt, dried parsley and Old Bay seasoning along with extra sharp cheddar cheese. 

You'll also need a decent amount of butter. But, guess what -- no chives required.

Big oops: The last time I was making these, my mother warned me that I was putting the biscuits in the pan too close together. "You're going to get one big biscuit," she warned me. Unscathed, I went ahead and kept adding them way too close. This is what I get:


1 comment:

  1. I wonder what using some Crisco would bring to the party?

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog