Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Friday, January 6, 2012

Cornbread Dressed for Dinner

...or breakfast.

I was never fond of cornbread growing up. Alongside salsbury steak and chitterlings, it was among my most detested foods.

That was until a friend of mine introduced me to doctored cornbread.

It's almost better than sliced bread. Almost.

You can add just about anything you want to cornbread, I suppose. Just treat it like bread. It can be sweet or savory. But this is something I never realized.

I actually made this dish for an office potluck.

I included maple sause, corn, jalapenos, sharp cheddar cheese, milk, butter, eggs and sugar.

Huh. Looking at those ingredients makes me wonder how you could ever fail at this?

It was good. Soooo good. I had to have seconds! It was just that good.

The method is simple:

I began with the cornbread -- mixing it according to the package. But I did add extra eggs and sugar.

Be careful not to add too much sugar or to overmix the cornbread. This could lead to a felled recipe, with the cornbread collapsing into itself, or a grainy result.

Just before adding it to a buttered pan, I mixed in the cheese, jalapenos and corn. I also sprinkled  a little bit of corn on top. I cooked this on 400 for about 35 minutes.

Fantastic!

It is a one-plate breakfast meal. Share with your loved ones, for sure.


2 comments:

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog