Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

One Year Later, a Tickle in My Throat

Signs of sickness. Howrah! Just in time for the holiday season. *sulks*

Remember my Death to Sickness post more than one year ago? That was the last time I felt even a hint of a cold. Thankfully, I did not get sick last year largely, I believe, to the tremendous amount of orange juice and Emergen-C I ingested -- along with my fail safe recovery soup. So, really, I have not been sick with a cold or the flu for about two years ago. Nice.

But it's back again. The dry cough. The congestion. The sneezing and sniffles. This happened, literally, overnight less than 24 hours ago. I immediately took my Emergen-C and have had plenty of tea. But I am not feeling myself.

Rather, I am feeling like someone who has fallen off the bed onto a hard floor in the middle of a sleep.

Not the best feeling. No.

So, to the kitchen I went. I did not have all of my necessary ingredients. Crud! But I did have quite a few goodies on hand: Chicken broth, carrots, spinach, rice, cabbage and one chicken breast along with 1.5 limes.

I slowly cooked the chicken in 1/2 water and 1/2 broth with onion powder, seasoning salt and pepper and some Jasmine rice. Next, I added the carrots and boiled this until the carrots began to soften. In went the cabbage, spinach and parsley along with more pepper.

I served this with a huge squeeze of lime. I am feeling OK now, but tomorrow will be the true determinant about whether or not I am in the clear. Please wish me well!

2 comments:

  1. sorry to hear that! work that vitamin c!!!! it always works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work with the improv. GEtting a cold is the pits. Many years ago I had the luxury of doing this once or twice: when the cold came on, I got into bed for 24 hours. Problem solved. How many of us can get away with that? Feel better.

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog