Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Product Review: Brianna's Homestyle Chipotle Cheddar Dressing


I have tried Briannas dressings in the past, but never the chipotle cheddar. I had this dressing for the first time while visiting a dear friend for Thanksgiving. She made this wonderful seafood medley, using the dressing as the sauce. I was quite impressed with the flavor of the dish and was enthusiastic about purchasing this dressing when I got back home.

I give the dressing a B -- would have earned an A if it went with more natural ingredients and if it had a bit more spice. I live in the southwest and we can be sometimes serious when it comes to claims of spicy food. Not that Briannas describes this dressing as spicy. In fact, it reads that the dressing was made "with smoked jalapeno peppers mild." Yep. But, really. If you are going to have such a prominently displayed dried chipotle pepper on the front, the expectation for spicy hot gets to be pretty steep.

On with the review.

The scent is absolutely amazing. Just lovely. But it does not have the scent of chipotle. It smells, well frankly, like flavored, spiced ranch dressing. Yep, that's how it smells. This is just occurring to me now. I am not a fan of ranch dressing because it reminds me of mayonnaise. But that's not the type of ranch dressing Briannas brings to mind. The smell is quite nice.

Visually, it is a beautiful dressing -- a yellow-orange hue with specks of black and red throughout. Its could would suggest spicy hot. But the taste is not spicy hot. Not at all folks. It has a subtle sharp, peppery and cheesy flavor to it. I would not have guessed it was all about the cheddar. In fact, there is a hint of blue cheese to me.

As it turns out, the dressing is quite versatile! In addition to serving it with a mixture of Mahi Mahi, scallops and crawfish, it goes well with a straight salad, with a salad that has corn and tomatoes and with tuna patties. I would not be at all surprised if it tasted decadent on steak, or baked with chicken. I most certainly will be experimenting with this a bit more.

1 comment:

  1. I'll bet you could make a dressing for yourself that would reflect the flavors you crave. And I want you to tell us all about it.

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog