Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Play-Doh Peach Cobbler?

Peach cobbler is one of the few desserts I actually enjoy, but it is often very difficult to find fresh peach cobbler here.

There is nothing like the syrupy, sweet cinammon and slight chew that a perfect cobbler yields. And when the crust is perfectly browned with a tiny bit of char -- brilliant! It is delectable. Lovely. Wholesome. Full. 

While home a couple of weeks back, I worked alongside one of my cousins to produce a cobbler from scratch. She worked on the peaches; I worked on the dough.

But I did add some vanilla and brown sugar to the cobbler mix, that and a substantial amount of nutmeg. The smell and flavor were ideal.

The dough looks, quite literally, like Play-Doh, doesn't it? Weird, eh? But, no. No real Play-Doh was utilized in the making of this fun and fancy cobbler. I mean, come on! Look at that cross stitch!

I think it needed more sugar and milk. Being that I am not a baker, I wasn't sure, so I went skimpy. Also, I did not want it to be too sweet. I should have gone against instinct.

But it was still pretty good, and the family polished it off, so that's a complement. 

2 comments:

  1. If I give this recipe to Peter he will make me buy peaches at the farmers market on Saturday morning. I confess that, while I am not a dessert person, I would accept a portion of this - with ice cream of course. I've always meant to ask you: of course I know the meaning of create and eat; what does "snap" mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you haven't been to my blog recently, there's info about my new book. Hope to see you cooking up a storm again soon.

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog