Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bacon-Flavored Tilapia

I might have denied it before, but it appears that you can find most anything that comes as bacon-flavored.

We have bacon-flavored toothpaste, salt, mints, dental floss, chapstick, popcorn, soda…

The list, unfortunately, goes on and on and on.

Introducing bacon-flavored olive oil.

Interesting thing about it is that it does not smell like bacon, neither in the bottle nor in the pan.

But the oil does lend a slight flavor of bacon to the finished product.

Let’s try tilapia fillets.

I am not sure how or why the idea was born. But it a frenzied fit, I put some of the olive oil in a bowl with onion powder, dried parsley, salt, pepper, Old Bay seasoning and freshly squeezed lemon and lime.

I made sure to get both sides of each fillet, then pan fried them on the highest setting.

The flavor was full and round, even in using the dried parsley.

I think the Old Bay helped to make this dish – that and the lemon and lime.

In all, the fish tasted peppery, spicy and smooth with nice, crisp edges. Served with a side salad – and you’ll need it – made for a solid meal.


2 comments:

  1. I've cooked tilapia numerous times with good success. This in spite of the fact that it is not a fish with a well-rounded nutritional profile. I prefer catfish or cod but there is no disputing the cost advantage of tilapia. Of course you may fee me shrimp every day of my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! That is so true. And on top of it -- bacon-flavored olive oil. I won't be making this one that often.

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog