Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Thursday, July 28, 2011

What's in Your Fridge?

Ah, the world of condiments!

I grew up in a world of mustard, ketchup,  mayonnaise (*shivers*) and, for some reason A1 Steak Sauce.

Anyone actually use A1? I don't see the attraction.


As an adult, the culinary world has introduced me to so many of my current favorites: Soy sauce, fish sauce, chili sauce and paste (especially with a hint of garlic) and rice vinegar.

Also, Worcester, horseradish, Sriracha, Dave's Insanity Hot Sauce, the Hernandez brand of salsa...

...and in honor of my late brother, Dontia, Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. That was his favorite, and it will continue to be mine as well.

3 comments:

  1. Peter and I have gotten fairly good at eating things up before they start morphing into alien beings - not perfect however. Also, what with our recent move the condiments are a bit in short supply. Just give us time and we'll be back in the pre-move morass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me see, I have keptchup (my son) french mustard (daugther), soy sauce (me,) and I lov eto have greek yourt (normal and plain) heavy cream, lemons!I love condiments, but are not in fridge, pepepr, comino, garlic salt, oregano, etc. etc. I have them in a box! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Gloria That's great! I would love to see this box you mentioned. Have you seen my spice rack: http://createsnapeat.blogspot.com/2010/08/my-spice-rack.html

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog