Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Friday, July 1, 2011

What Could have Been

Have you ever cooked something that, while cooking it, you knew that it was going to be an epic food fail.

As you know, I have had my share of gaffes. Re: The Oops section on this blog.

For this particular Oops addition, let me introduce the worst red beans ever.

Goodness, these were terrible. What made it worse was that the beans actually smelled so wonderfully fragrant. I sauteed onions and garlic then added tomato sauce and brown sugar. I then added the beans with salt and pepper and cooked them for a half hour.


The sauce was fantastic! But the beans tasted chalky. Meck! Yes, I now know I should have cooked them much, much longer. But I do not often cook beans. Ever. Actually, almost never. These could have been pretty good beans, I think. If I ever make them again, I'll use a crockpot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog