Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Salad from the Heavens

There is nothing like a nutty, sweet and soft salad with a slight crunch drizzled with a mixture of honey, mustard and balsamic vinegar that makes you look apathetically to the other side of the plate and wonder, “Now, what was the point in cooking that meat?”

Such is life.

It took me an hour – a full hour – to prepare the country style ribs.

I produced a rub, which later turned out to be unnecessary, and let the meat sit for about 20 minutes.

Then, I grilled the meat, adding sauce at the end.

The meat takes an obvious back seat here. It’s the salad that sparkled for me.

It wasn’t packed with many vegetables – just spinach, red and yellow tomatoes and cress and a homemade dressing. But it lit up my mouth in such a lovely way. The meat was too harsh against the gentle flavor of the salad. But the jalapeno cheese bread was a nice touch.

I ended up having the bread and salad, washing off the sauce and rub and giving some to Topee. She loved it! Thank goodness because I'd lost my interest.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! Although I confess that the protein (here the ribs) is my dessert! lol

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog