Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Ode to Musubi

I cannot stop thinking about musubi!

Is this a new obsession of mine?

No. It cannot be.

It must not be.

But I have decided that, yes, I like Spam. There, I said it. I love it served with sushi rice and seaweed with rice seasoning and panko. It's a nice, filling treat.

9 comments:

  1. You're going to love my 1950's week post for tomorrow and Wednesday - Spam and Velveeta all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephen! I did check out your post today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Cynthia! You're a fan of Spam? How do you enjoy yours?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried it spam but I have some family that LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pam! How does your family like it served?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will never starve :-). Spam was a nearly everyday occurrence for those of us who were kids during WWII. I know that Spam remained or became popular in the Islands, but for the life of me I find that a puzzlement. I suspect my mother did not fix it properly and my aversion is based on her skill rather than the product itself. Still, when I come for dinner could I have a hamburger? The memory of Spam and stewed tomatoes is too firmly etched in my brain to enjoy it. Have a great evening. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was great except for just a tad much seaweed on mine. who would have thought.... spam

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I've actually never tried SPAM before...but musubi sure looks good!

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog