Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Ghee Whizz! A New Taco Tradition

Ah, the ubiquitous taco -- in this region at least.

You can find tacos with grilled or charred beef, pork or chicken; with tripe, chorizo asado, cactus paddles; or with shrimp, a range of fish, though cod and tilapia are quite popular; vegetarian style stuffed with avocado, sweet chilies and corn; and then there is cabeza or meat from a cow’s head, slow cooked – this being my least favorite. Blech! I do not care for barbacoa. To me, the feeling must be comparable to those who do not enjoy “fishy” fish.

Then you have your doados, flautas and taquitos.

For me, I like my tacos best when they are served with carne asada with fresh onions and cilantro and some spicy salsa or hot sauce.

*kisses fingertips*

My most recent tacos were a combination of ground beef and potatoes with bell peppers and onion.

I began with the potatoes, then cooked the onions and peppers. I added the beef last, adding some broth.

By the time the broth boiled off, the taco stuffing was ready.

I warmed my tortillas over the stove’s open flame and added a dab of ghee and also some shredded mozzarella cheese, then Sriracha.

Delicious!

The ghee added a wonderful flavor to the tacos that, in effect, MADE these tacos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog