Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Accidential Culinary Love Explosion

I did not realize it is relatively popular to make a pesto pasta until this accidental dish came together.

It was pasta night (...not that I have a designated pasta night. I was just in the rare mood for it) and so I rummaged through the fridge and cupboards: What do I have on hand?

Linguini? Check.

Shrimp? Excellent!

Onion? Always.

Sauce? Meh. Don't care for sauce.

I was intent on making a butter sauce, but in the last throws of putting this meal together, got guilty about the fat content. I then noticed some fresh pesto at the rear of the fridge.

Interesting, I thought. Well, why not?

I had never had pesto pasta.

Never.

But this came quite nicely together. And I am sure the fat content was much higher using this oil laden pesto, but ah well.

You can't always win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog