Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Scones, Revisited

Success!!!

Remember the last time I tried to make scones, which also was my first time?

Yeah, terrible, terrible experience in the kitchen. A total failure! I had to throw them out!

...how embarrassing.

This time I took extra care. I also tried savory scones with jalapenos, cheddar cheese, green onions, garlic powder and salt.

I am quite pleased, though surprised at how spicy they turned out!

The cheese is not very prominent, which surprised me since I used so much. I am not sure why. Perhaps too many jalapenos. That is the prominent flavor, which is fine by me! I love spicy foods so it's not that big of a deal. Though I will have to figure out the chemistry. It nags me a bit that I cannot quite understand why the sharp cheddar flavor was so subdued.

Anyway...

I did drizzle some honey over a few to test out the savory and sweet. Turned out to be a nice touch. 

In the end, I am pretty satisfied, though I certainly will be trying to perfect this recipe. In the interim, I will not be embarrassed to share these!


3 comments:

  1. Ah, the scone. I love them and have not had one in a long time. I will change that. It's funny how cheese retreats into the background so easily sometimes. I don't know why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I think these scones look and sound fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these scones dear, look amazing!! gloria

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog