Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Monday, May 16, 2011

My Periodic Indulgence

Goodness, I love a good grilled steak.

And a nice salad to go with it.

And roasted vegetables cooked to the point that the natural sugars bounce around in your mouth.


And gravy! My Nama (materal grandmother) taught me how to make gravy, using soy sauce, flour, oil (I use olive oil) and seasoning.

To be honest, I do not eat steak too much compared to other types of protein. We did not grow up eating steak in my household. Most often, we had shellfish, ground beef or chicken chicken if we were going for the meats.

So, now, I feel that a good steak is an indulgence that I am entitled to have, but most often only on certain occasions.

Like, after having finished a project and having done it well.

Or a romantic evening.

Or after an extremely hard week at work.

Yeah, things like that.

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about steak a lot the last couple of weeks. Maybe I'll take the plunge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to share that gravy recipe! :) I need a go to gravy.

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog