Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Sunday, May 29, 2011

My Much Improved Stuffed Peppers

The first time I ever tried to make stuffed bell peppers was a total and complete failure. A disaster really. I was using one of those tiny charcoal grills -- the kind that stands only two feet from the ground.

I recall not being able to get the fire started, for whatever reason. It may have been windy that day. It may have been that I was dealing with too-old charcoal. It may have been, quite simply, I didn't know what I was doing.

After all, I did cook the meat and veggies before stuffing them into the raw peppers. I even put foil down on the grill grates. And I couldn't keep the fire going, so I squirted lighter fluid past the peppers and into the grill. Goodness! Mistakes abound!

This time was different.

I didn't use a grill. I only used the kitchen stove and oven. For these peppers, I cut them in half and roasted them for about a half hour to 40 minutes. Meanwhile, I cooked the onions, garlic, lamb and tomatoes (perhaps? Did I use tomatoes?) in a skillet.

Then I stuffed the peppers, sprinkling some cheese on top. This turned out to be totally unnecessary as the dish would have been much better without the cheese. I then put this in the oven for another seven to eight minutes or so.

Much improved from the first attempt at stuffed peppers. This time served with mouth watering corn, spinach and broccoli with roasted carrots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog