Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Friday, April 15, 2011

Ode to My Palate

Ah! Nothing like a wonderful, flavorful dish.

I have decided that my palate is a spoiled, spoiled little brat.

If it is not an amalgamation of flavors, it's not interested!

If it is not bursting with the wildly unpredictable flavors of spices and herbs, it protests, bored.

No, a simple salted and peppered rack of ribs won't do.

Don't ever present a bland salad -- and never with ranch dressing! How dare you? ...how dare you....

This, of course, keeps me very, very busy in the kitchen, mixing flavors and tastes without caution.

Makes for interesting creative time.

So, there you have it -- a marinaded rack of ribs with Sweet Baby Ray's added toward the end of cooking with a side salad with dried cranberries, avocado, Parmesan and ginger shavings.

All to keep the palate pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog