Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Friday, April 15, 2011

In My Kitchen...


I miss this blog. I have struggled to keep up; struggled to make time for cooking in a way that I have previously. But I will not waver.

Sometimes, I feel a lack of challenge. Impossible! ...is that what you are thinking? I know. It's a silly thought and belief I keep. There is so much to do and so much to try. You're right. Silly and impossible.

But here I am again. I keep my committment to cooking.

...but why is this important when there are so many, many, many other things to concern my thoughts, my emotions, my time.

It is because I feel this amazing connection with the kitchen, as though we were meant to marry in this way -- me, the curious novice wanting more knowledge and more experience and the kitchen, willingly and without judgement allowing me to question and explore.

Humph. Saying it this way makes me realize just how amateur I am. And I love that! Always questioning; always learning.

Despite the lack of attention here as of late, I have not lost my love of cooking.

No, no, no. It will not happen. It cannot happen.

A friend recently told me that once you experience good food -- good, wholesome, whole food -- it is difficult to revert; to return to fast food consumption. Tis true. Once you are open to the world of possibility and ones your palate is exposed, all becomes stubborn. Call is too selective, or picky or fussy about one's food -- but good food is more about the taste. It, too, is about a philosophy -- about one's choices in living in this world. It is a decisive choice that is a lived and living experience.

I am not near perfection. But this is what drives me to cook and to be a better cook. It is what drives me to be more conscious and aware. It is what molds me to my kitchen and brings to me the great satisfaction of living and learning and being with and through my food.

And trust me, in addition to my cooking, there are many, many other happenings that share sacred space in my thoughts and my heart.

1 comment:

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog