Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Return

Wow. That was a long hiatus! Nearly two months without posting. Sorry for the break. I did miss posting. I haven't been cooking that much lately. Lots of commitments. But I'm working to get back into the routine of preparing home cooked meals.

Let's start with last night's dish -- baked chicken and a luscious salad.

While at the grocery story, I found that the chicken breasts were on sale! What a treat! By one get one free at less than $4. But I couldn't bring myself to buy them. No, not after watching Fast Food Nation and Food, Inc. I walked away and over toward the natural section. Ah! Chicken breasts marked upwards from $8. *winches* It was well worth it, though -- for taste and for my psyche.

The procedure was simple. I marinated the chicken in lemon and lime juice with paprika and garlic salt for about 30 to 40 minutes. Preheated the oven to 450 and set out on the dry ingredients.

I melted a little butter in a skillet that was on medium low heat, then put in some basil and paprika, stirring this for about five to six minutes. With the chicken done marinating, I tossed it in a mixture of panko and corn meal before putting it in the skillet, making sure to slather each breast with an ample amount of the herbs. Then I poured the rest of the marinade over the chicken and popped that in the oven, uncovered, for about 20 minutes.

The chicken with a side salad produced a wonderful marriage! That salad, with goat cheese, dried cranberries, green onions, tomatoes and shaved carrots and the mustard dressing Bonnie taught me how to make was perfect! 


4 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I've started blogging again:

    http://keyboardpusher.blogspot.com/

    P.S. I am planning on visiting Tucson in May/June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone! Thank you for the kudos. It's great to be back. I miss cooking and blogging.

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog