Who's That Girl

My Photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Friday, February 4, 2011

Lazy Tuna Tower

Really, there is no reason to be lazy when it comes to making a tuna tower. This dish is so very, very easy to make -- all in the raw.

But here we go -- a simplified version.

The original recipe requires that you mix certain ingredients at certain times, then neatly stack the mixtures atop one another to make an aestetically pleasing, healthy and delicious meal.

But sometimes, I am in no mood.

This turned out to be a good try. I chopped, sliced and diced the usual suspects:

Lemon
Cucumber
Ginger
Cilantro
Ahi tuna
Avocado

Daikon
Green onions

I also pulled out the black and white sesame seeds and mixed some soy sauce and sesame oil together.

The assembly was quite simple: I plated the mashed up avocado first, placing it at the center of the bowl. I topped this with daikon and cucumber. I then added the tuna, which already had some ginger mixed in. I then added a little bit of ginger shavings on top. I topped this with the green onions, then sprinkled on some sesame seeds. Next, I gently poured the soy mixture around the plate. And there you have it -- a lazy tuna tower.

5 comments:

  1. It looks colorful and so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    Vincent
    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I want to make this for dinner tonight! Where do I get the tuna!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always have great luck with Sunflower. You also can try 17th Street and Rincon markets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything ok? Your readers are missing you.

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Loading...