Who's That Girl

My Photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Salmon, Redressed

Having not had salmon in quite some time, I found that I was craving it.

As I am writing this, I recall that it was salmon that turned me onto nigiri. This would have been about 10 years ago. At that point I thought sushi was all rolls. California rolls, specifically.

Poor, poor soul.

An invitation out to a sushi restaurant in Salt Lake City (I was living there at the time) led me to realize the expansive nature of sushi -- and truly raw sushi.

I fell instantly in love with the fatty fish. I do not recall ever having had salmon in life prior to that experience. And since then, I have been more and more deeply drawn to fish and shellfish of all types. Quite honestly, my affinity for seafood was born out of my early "experimentation" with sushi. The type of seafood I was raised with was pretty well reserved to catfish and shrimp.

So craving salmon on this particular evening, I baked it in my usual way -- seasoned with salt, a squeeze of half of one lemon or lime (I had lemon that night), two or three dabs of butter and parsley.  Out of curiosity, I put a little bit of Parmesan cheese on one end of the salmon.

 Along with this salmon this time, I added those potent little Italian onions. For the side, I sauteed bok choy with porotbello mushrooms in a little bit of olive oil and some fish sauce.

Interesting combination of flavors, yes, but the picture says all. The dish was pretty tasty.


1 comment:

High Traffic Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Loading...