Who's That Girl

My Photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Friday, January 14, 2011

Now, That's a Salad

I use that blog title with the greatest of enthusiasm.

I have mentioned before that I have, traditionally, produced bland salads: iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, maybe a cucumber, maybe some avocados, definately ranch dressing.

*shivers*

Never again!

This gorgeous creation was much more tasty than my salads of yesteryears.

This salad was, quite literally, bursting with flavor. The source of motivation came from a cookbook title, "Light Cooking." I swear, this think was printed sometime in the early 1980s. Oldies but goodies, eh?

I had a lovely blend of spinach, arugula, baby romaine and I can't recall what else (typical me).

I then added shave carrots, bacon and boiled eggs and mushrooms. The dressing was a mixture of vinegar, mustard and olive oil with a bit of salt and pepper. Honestly, could have done away with the salt and pepper. The other flavors served well enough on their own.

4 comments:

  1. At first glance I thought there was artichoke in there, but it was the eggs. Looks spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephen! It was amazing. Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha and I thought those were almonds, but they must be mushrooms... looks yummy! LOVE a good salad :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hum -- might be a good idea to add nuts of some kind. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Loading...