Who's That Girl

My Photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Delightful Cream-Cheesy Bread

Goodness gracious. How could anything look this ridiculous but taste so very good.


This is the first recipe I prepared using the mixer my mother gave me for Christmas.

I made the bread from scratch. The first time I tried I forgot about my yeast. Returning surprised nearly two hours later, the yeast looked ready. But after adding the flour it didn't form into a nice dough.


Retry.


The second time was a success! I let the yeast sit in the milk for about 15 minutes.


For the filling, I included cream and marscapone cheeses, eggs, sugar and vanilla extract.

Before adding the filling to the dough I added some butter and brown sugar, then folded this together as best I could. I was so surprised that I woke Nancy out of her slumber and begged her to try it.

She loved it so much that she got out of bed for another bite. 

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could bring myself to make bread. I guess I'm intimidated by it. This sounds like something I should be willing to try. Maybe I will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand the intimidation factor -- totally. Perhaps start with recipes that call for active yeast and no kneading. That helped ease me into the process.

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Loading...