Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Squash Puree Biscuits

I should have submitted this for the Thanksgiving leftover challenge week instead of the sauerkraut.

I still had some puree left over from the roasted squash that soup I made, so I opted to make some "biscuits."

It was a simple recipe. I used flour, baking powder, heavy cream, milk, the puree and also added in some Old Bay seasoning for fun.

They turned out pretty nice.

The only disappointment was that there was so little lift from the moment I put them in the oven to when I pulled them out about 18 minutes later.

Ah well, the flavor was decent and I had some fun with the shaping. In retrospect, I would have added some sugar or vanilla extra to lift out the sweeter flavors. The puree had all sorts of vegetables.

One biscuit even had an awesome carrot sticking out. It was so adorable and awesome.

I would love to make these again.


10 comments:

  1. They sound really good! I wish I could smell them baking...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww -- thank you. They smelled amazing. I was surprised by this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such fun with your food! That pleases me greatly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man those look delicious :)Love the heart shpaed biscuit.

    Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound great and you had fun making them. They have two things going for them even before a bite is taken. You really are creative. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm... whenever I think a biscuit needs some sweetness I slather it in cinnamon honey butter or jam. Okay, this discussion is making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honey -- yes! That is exactly what I did. It helped quite a bit. Cinnamon?! Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Mary. I had a wonderful time making these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Faith. Nancy ate that one first :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yep...I love the idea of using leftover pumpkin puree to make some cookies...and they are wonderful to go with some freshly brewed tea for the snowy weather we are having here.

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog