Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My Very Own Professional Mixer

You cannot imagine my surprise, glee, amazement, eagerness when I opened a box my Ma had mailed me for Christmas. Of course, I was opening the box before her eyes as I opted to go home for Christmas, driving it along with me.

She bought me a KitchenAid mixer.

A KitchenAid mixer?!

Was it a joke?

Was it actually a stack of books hidden away in that KitchenAid mixer box, I wondered?

Could it be a neatly folded pile of clothes instead?

Or how about a tiny, tiny letter that when read with a magnifying glass would say something like, "Ha! Fooled ya!"

...I mean, really! How could it be this awesome and amazing mixer -- just for me?

That's not to say that my Ma wouldn't do something like this or that I don't have trust in her ability to bestow awesome gifts. She has and does.

It's just that receiving a gift like this is such a tremendous -- goodness, I don't know what to say. It's a tremendous sign that not only does my Ma know me so very, very well, but she also trusts in my culinary skills and believes in investing in me and my hobby.

I mean, wow.

I am back home now and I finally pulled the mixer out of its box, still with a giddy smile on my face and with such intimidation. I wanted to make biscuits or a breakfast bread tonight, but after standing before the mixer in the kitchen I had to take a step back.

I am still utterly amazed and so very appreciative. And a little intimidated, still. 

But very soon I am going to break this baby in.

Thank you Ma!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I have a Kitchen Aid which I use almost exclusively for grinding meat, which it does very well (with a package of attachments). Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great one! Your ma is so sweet.
    Have fun with your new tool.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. sabores&olores ˚˛*˛°.˛*.˛°˛.*★* Feliz *★* 。*˛.
    ˛°_██_*.。*./ ♥ \ .˛* .˛。.˛.*.★* Año 2011 *★ 。*
    ˛. (´• ̮•)*.。*/♫.♫\*˛.* ˛_Π_____. ♥ ˛* ˛*
    .°( . • . ) ˛°./• '♫ ' •\.˛*./______/~\*. ˛*.。˛* ˛. *。
    ...Congratulations for your Blog , From VIGO SPAIN Greetings MARIMI

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog