Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

FOOD CHALLENGE: Curry Powder

I absolutely love red baked potatoes.

Love them.

But my methods in preparing them have tended not to change in the last two years I have begun cooking them regularly at home.

I figured this week’s challenge was a good way to try and mix it up a bit.

I decided I would still bake the potatoes but instead of just using salt, pepper and maybe some parsley, I would use curry powder and brown sugar as the base. I also added some pepper and some onion and herb seasoning.



I like the flavor. I could have gone more heavy handed with the curry powder because the flavor was a bit more subtle than I had desire.

But, in all, pretty decent recipe. I did add some butter to the mixture as it was cooking in the oven, and I found it took twice as long to cook these. Normally it takes about 20 minutes.

I may not make the potatoes this way ever again, but it was a fun experiment nonetheless.


No comments:

Post a Comment

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog