Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Fitting Gift

All done.

This is the finished product for both the pudding food challenge and the special dessert for Nancy's mother, to be delivered later tonight.

I love it.

Of course this is one of three iterations. The other two were failures. Utter and complete failures. I will save myself the embarrassment and not post images of the other plates. But I will say this -- too much chocolate in one location without the benefit of other colors is a terrible, terrible thing. Terrible. And don't ever, ever attempt to cover in chocolate greetings written in crème fraiche. Instead, write it in something like strawberry or cherry creme. Never chocolate.

The one photographed here is the one I will present.

It's weird. The dessert looks strangely beautiful while, at the same time, it also looks quite simply like a mound of refried beans adorned with frosting and cranberries. I hope Nancy's mother doesn't think this is just a joke.

3 comments:

  1. I think she'll love the dessert you made for her. It sounds terrific. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't we all fuss and fume over what the mother-in-law is going to think? Me, too.

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog