Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Reminiscent of Home


The real test for me is to experiment with something, then try to find out if anyone has posted the same thing online. I don't think you will be able to find this recipe online anywhere.

I got some chicken at the market tonight, intending to make an Indian dish. But I also saw some decent looking beef stew meat, so I picked that up as well.

Then I got lazy. I'm still not feeling too well. And I also realized we still had some carpaccio in the fridge. So, I seasoned the beef with salt and pepper then wrapped three of them each in a slice of carpaccio. Next, I added some oil to a skillet and swiftly fried the little pockets for about six minutes, three on each side.

My goodness, these little bite sized morels were amazing! Full of flavor, even with the slim amount of flavor added. The meat was just cook -- tender, yet firm on the outside. It was firm at the start, the literally melted at the end.

And the taste reminded me of the fried ham we would make as kids. We we add a little oil to the skillet, then toss each round slice of meat into the pan and watch them begin to bubble. The crusty part was always my favorite. 

And adding the feta -- great idea! You must try these. Nice start to the rest of your fantastic dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog