Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Monday, October 4, 2010

Looks Like Chocolate; Tastes Like the Sea

Yeah, not the most appealing photo.

But, sorry folks -- I have learned that there is virtually no way possible to make nori in its nearly natural form look appealing or appetizing.

No way possible.

I took something like 20 shots of this, and it kept coming out looking like that ---->

I took my queues from Saveur. I was attempting to replicate the tsukudani recipe. It turned out beautifully -- fully salty and sweet at the same time. But, really, the salt was soooo powerful! And, yes, the texture was a bit strange -- mushy. Too mushy? We didn't have sour cream, so we had to cut the salt with cottage cheese. After that it was manageable. But on a cracker? I would say have this as is with a touch of creme or on a salt-less chip to help with the texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog