Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Friday, October 29, 2010

Foodie Conundrum

Oh, the pressure.

Nancy and I are having our food and photography event in eight days and I am still struggling with the menu.

I want to go with small plates, for sure -- but not certain what to do. I want to make sure that the meal is a stand out, but also complements what is in season.

But, goodness -- fall eats can be so predictable.

As a consequence, I have been browsing some of the dishes I have previously prepared. Nothing seems good enough! Goodness -- it's like looking in the closet and complaining, "Bah! I have nothing to wear!" It's always a lie. 

I trust in my culinary skills -- I do.

But what to make?

I thought about stuffed pork.

Too simple; too easy.

Turkey? Too predictable.

Filet mignon? Oooh -- that would be awesome!

Would a roast be too predictable?

But I did get my copy of Saveur today. Maybe I will do the cover challenge for the event. Not sure at this moment, but I would gladly take your suggestions.


3 comments:

  1. I would love to know more about the food "challenges" you get involved in. Who participates? How do you decide what the challenge is (is challenge even the right word?). If you have a moment tell me more at scrout1944@msn.com. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any suggestions for you, but I just wanted to say good luck! I'm new to your blog but just wanted to leave a comment to say hi :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's OK -- it will all come together.

    And Megan: Welcome to the site! Thank you for your support.

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog