Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Friday, October 8, 2010

FOOD CHALLENGE: Ketchup

Another challenge -- and it was my turn. I chose ketchup. I wish I could take it all back.

I called myself attempting super smashed potatoes. I was attracted to some of the ingredients, namely the onions, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce and potatoes. (Full disclosure: I have never cooked with Worcestershire sauce before. I now know that I love the stuff).

Now, this may have come out poorly -- according to me -- because I didn't have the sharp cheddar cheese and I didn't measure anything (*bashful smile*) and there was no way I was buying Ore-Ida potatoes.

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

This is why I rarely follow recipes. It's a difficult task for me to follow.

I thought the dish was too heavy on the ketchup and had somewhat of a strange, artificial flavor. It sat too long on the tongue in a weird way for me. The flavors were too thick, I think. Does that make any sense? Think of the difference between having a nice, light Asian noodle sandwich compared to having a double decker burger from Carl's Junior with extra cheese and mayonnaise and a few slices of bacon for an extra punch.

Yep, the potatoes reminded me of the latter.

But Nancy loved the stuff! That made me happy, but I will never be making this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog