Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Friday, September 3, 2010

Simplicity in a Bowl

Ah...sometimes you need to have days like these.

Nancy and I were somewhat exhausted – it’s been one of those weeks – so we opted to rummage through the fridge and throw something together.

I should have taken more photos.

We ended up with broken rice flavored with mirin and fish sauce, shrimp sauteed in garlic and olive oil, steamed broccoli and Aidells chicken and apple sausages.

We tossed this together for a meal.

Yep.

…don’t laugh.

3 comments:

  1. Some of the best meals I've ever had were tossed together from leftovers in the fridge. I wouldn't dream of laughing. Have a wonderful weekend. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Mary said. I've learned only in the last couple of years how to not let things go to waste. I have Peter to thank for a lot of that.

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog