Who's That Girl

My photo
WHO'S THAT GIRL: A higher education obsessed foodie who is documenting her life in the kitchen. I love to cook delicious, gourmet-style foods for those I love and always welcome a challenge in the kitchen. With that challenge comes an impromptu nature. I tend to avoid following recipes to the exact, so you are not likely to find very many posted here. Being that I am a Libra and am learning to be free in the kitchen, the story always goes, "A pinch of this and a smattering of that!" Thank you for visiting -- and happy reading!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sauces, Dips and Some Strange Mixtures

So it is finally coming true.

Being in a doctoral program is eating into my culinary time (so, so sorry to have to use that pun but -- *tee hee* -- I just had to).

One of two things is happening: 1. My evenings are maxed, so I have little time to work in the kitchen or, 2. I am exhausted during the evening, so I have little energy to work in the kitchen.

I am still trying to find a balance between my family and my two other strong passions in life: education and food.

But whether I am tickling my brain with a new creation, or doing something like what I am calling “sauce night,” doesn’t matter so long Nancy and the babies (Totopo and Alex) are near.

On this particular night, Nancy and I raided the kitchen and put together some samosas, dumplings and a chicken pot pie.

Yes, yes…I know.

And I threw together a few sauces – some of which I mixed for some interesting and strange creations. We then spent our dinner chatting, laughing and trying out the sauces with different treats.

One thing I learned: Never, ever, ever mix a pot pie with oyster sauce. Please, just don’t even bother.

5 comments:

  1. Funny how sometimes life just gets in the way! :D Thanks for the tip - "no oyster sauce with pot pie" You've taught me something I will write it down! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Never, never, never, never ever again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pot pie is one of my very favorite meals. I will take your advice and never add oyster sauce to the pot pie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pot pie and oyster sauce is some combination. Thanks for the warning :-). I will enter it in mt book of life. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was growing up we often had frozen chicken pot pies - they were cheap and there were 7 of us. Hadn't thought about them in years. Wonder if they still taste as good as I remember.

    ReplyDelete

High Traffic Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog